How Bay Area Martial Arts is Preparing For Coronavirus and COVID19
This post will be updated as new information becomes available, or as we make policy changes to adjust to that new information.
The team at Bay Area Martial Arts is committed to the health and safety of our members. We are also dedicated to helping our kids understand what is going on so that they can feel safe, even as they learn more about what is going on in the world around them.
While we have always cleaned and disinfected daily (at least) with hospital-grade cleaners that kill cold, flu and even HIV viruses , we have increased our efforts to provide a safe, clean environment for our kids.
Here are some of the precautionary measures we are taking:
- We have increased our disinfection application. In addition to the usual daily school prep, we are disinfecting the training floors with hospital-grade cleaners between each class.
- All chairs are disinfected daily at a minimum.
- All light switches, doorknobs, outlets, sinks, toilets, and other high traffic surfaces are being disinfected during every single class.
- When selecting drills, we are selecting activities that minimize interpersonal contact.
- All pads and equipment that are used during class are disinfected.
- Based on the WHO and CDC recommendations to increase personal space and minimize physical contact, we have suspended high 5s for now, and will constantly be teaching about personal space help give kids a visual reminder of their personal space by keeping them apart based on the radius recommended by healthcare professionals. (WHO social distance recommendation: Keep a distance of at least 3 feet between you and apparently healthy persons and stay 6 feet away if a person is coughing or sneezing.)
- If your child is sick (regardless of the reason or cause), please refrain from bringing them to class. This includes coughing, fever, bellyaches, and any other conditions outside of the definition of “in good health.”
- For those who are unable to attend class due to illness or other risk factors, we do have the technology in place to allow for at-home training. Every Monday and Wednesday we will post on the App a new follow along video class specific to your child’s age group and stripe requirement.
- Our entire martial arts curriculum is already available for members in the BAMA app and as well as at home study guides.
- Every team member will wash their hands between every class, and will not be allowed to work if they are ill or if they have been in close contact with known carries.
- Children will be allowed water breaks whenever necessary as having a dry throat has been identified as an additional risk factor.
While we recognize the seriousness of this virus, we also recognize that being calm and as well as remaining healthy and physically fit is an important way to ensure a healthy immune system. Further, we believe that in frightening times, it is important for kids to maintain as much consistency as possible, within reason. Our goal is to employ practices that reduce risk while focusing on educating our students with empathy and compassion so they can balance their emotions with logic and information.
We encourage all of our members to be as educated as possible and to get your information from reputable sources. We should all endeavor to be as prepared as possible without becoming paranoid.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact any member of the Bay Area Martial Arts team.
Email: [email protected]